Writers Bloc Presents® is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the following:
1. Foster the significance and importance of literature and the written word as an art form.
2. Enrich the general public’s knowledge and awareness of the contemporary writers and thinkers who have made a significant impact on the cultural and literary landscape.
3. Enhance the general public’s exposure and access to literary and cultural work, thoughts and ideas as represented in and by modern works of fiction and nonfiction.
4. Expand the general public’s access to and understanding of literature through community-based programs featuring writers, thinkers, public figures and others in conversation on fictional and nonfictional work.
5. Create and foster opportunities for dialogue and interaction between the general public and writers , thinkers, public figures or others about reading, writing, literature, the literary process, the role and relationship of literature to music, film and other media, and the relevance and impact of literature on modern society.
About Andrea Grossman
Andrea sits around a lot and reads. She probably needs to get out more often—especially since Los Angeles is so beautiful. In the meantime, she thanks all of you for coming to Writers Bloc programs, which she’s been curating for the past 21 years. She thanks all of you for visiting this website; she enjoys writing it almost as much as she loves plowing through good novels and watching fun tv shows. She thanks those who work the programs and help her out. She is also the executive producer of the Emmy-nominated HBO special, featuring Mel Brooks and Dick Cavett, a product of a terrific Writers Bloc event. We couldn’t make these programs happen without each and every one of you—readers from near and far, authors, contributors, tweeters, family and friends.
Contact us at email@example.com
Writers Bloc Presents® is a nonprofit literary organization and we are grateful for any support. Our office number is 310.855.0005.
You can now donate to Writers Bloc Presents online. Just use the following button to make your donation using PayPal.
Thank you for your support!
Or you can mail contributions in our name to:
Writers Bloc Presents
c/o Andrea Grossman
137 South Robertson
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
Writers Bloc Presents® is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, non-profit organization. All contributions are tax deductible.